So I’ve found a way to install ChromiumOS to a non-ChromeBook Device. Isn’t that cool? Also we are not going to install to the HDD you can install if you want. We are going to install to a USB device. Let’s start 🙂
NOTE: CURRENTLY THIS NEVERWARE IS NOT SUPPORTING SOME OF THE COMPUTERS SO IF YOU SEE ERRORS PLEASE KNOW THIS.
- 1. Go to the site called “neverware.com“
- 2. Download the free version (might take long depending on your internet speed)
- 3. Download Chrome if you don’t have it.
- 4. Go the Chrome Web Store and Search for Chromebook Recovery Tool
- 5. Download to your your device.
- 6. Press the Gear icon at the top when you launch the app “ChromeBook Recovery Tool”
- 7. Press the button including the word “Local”
- 8. Choose the .zip file you downloaded from neverware.com
- NOTE: DO NOT UNZIP.
- 9. Continue the process.
- 10. After zapping the boot files to the USB while booting your computer launch the BOOT menu and boot your computer with the USB.
- 11. The setup will continue.
Have fun with your new “Chromebook” device 🙂
It was very faster than MacOS while using the device. I really liked it because it has all the features I want like Spotify, Google Docs and etc.
Problems? Comment 🙂